Most of us carry tension in our bodies all the time. It's so familiar that it "feels like home". I remember giving a massage to one client who lay on my couch rigid with the chronic tension, saying " This is so great I haven't felt this relaxed in ages". She meant it; but she had no body memory of what deep relaxation really feels like. (Two years regular treatments later, her capacity to relax was transformed and she almost had to be peeled off the couch.)
When we are habitually mentally stressed, there is always a reflection of that stress in our bodies: tense shoulders and neck, headaches, aching back, upset stomach, eczema, insomnia the list is long. One thirty year old man, recently promoted, felt things were going pretty well except for his stomach. I asked him what he meant; "Well," he said with some embarrassment, "it;s ridiculous. I have an upset stomach all the time I have to know where the nearest men's rooms is or i get really anxious." I've noticed time and again that hard working, dedicated people regard physical ailments as "My body's letting me down - it's a real nuisance." They will do their best to keep motoring through relentless hours, trying to ignore the physical discomfort. This is an attitude based on ignorance, which is not only disrespectful to your miraculous and hard working body, it's potentially dangerous to your health. Sadly, people who are over attached to this attitude can even pay with their lives that's how seriously you should take this.
When we are habitually mentally stressed, there is always a reflection of that stress in our bodies: tense shoulders and neck, headaches, aching back, upset stomach, eczema, insomnia the list is long. One thirty year old man, recently promoted, felt things were going pretty well except for his stomach. I asked him what he meant; "Well," he said with some embarrassment, "it;s ridiculous. I have an upset stomach all the time I have to know where the nearest men's rooms is or i get really anxious." I've noticed time and again that hard working, dedicated people regard physical ailments as "My body's letting me down - it's a real nuisance." They will do their best to keep motoring through relentless hours, trying to ignore the physical discomfort. This is an attitude based on ignorance, which is not only disrespectful to your miraculous and hard working body, it's potentially dangerous to your health. Sadly, people who are over attached to this attitude can even pay with their lives that's how seriously you should take this.



0 comments:
Post a Comment